Mission: Our mission is to help the citizens of Hancock County maintain an independent lifestyle through the delivery of nutritious meals in accordance with prescribed dietary needs and provide a point of personal contact with the community.
• Two meals are delivered by friendly volunteers during the noon hour.
• One meal is delivered hot and includes an entrée, vegetable, dinner roll, salad, dessert and milk or juice.
• The second meal is a cold deli style meal and may include a sandwich, side salad, fruit, cookie or pudding and milk or juice.
• We also offer the opportunity to have 1 or 2 extra entrées to be delivered on Friday for the weekend.
• Volunteers are the critical key to the continued success of the Meals on Wheels mission.
• Delivering meals can all be done on a longer lunch hour, some of the in town routes only take 45 minutes.
• It takes over 160 volunteers a month to deliver over 800 meals.
• Volunteers can also serve as Committee or Board Members.
• Volunteers helped serve over 21,478 meals in 2016.
Postal Address: 1133 W. Main Street, Suite C, Greenfield, IN 46140
Opportunities: Clients receive 2 nutritious meals in accordance with prescribed dietary needs delivered by a Meals on Wheels volunteer each weekday.
Action Steps: Call (317) 477-4345 to get more information on meals or volunteering.